Location: Sebring, OH
Job Description: The Slitter Operator is responsible for the slitting/rewinding, inspection and data collection of the finished product being sent to Finished Goods, while consistently meeting company demands and specifications.
- Ensure daily activities are conducted at all times safely and properly.
- Assist in maintaining the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Set up equipment, or review previous shifts set up, based on job specifications, to meet appropriate requirements of the finished label.
- Perform quality checks prior to production and monitor print quality during production. Isolate, as required, product that does not meet Company and Customer standards.
- Provide quality Customer samples as required.
- Understand all related aspects of the management information system to ensure paperwork, records, documents, etc. are accurate and all required information is entered timely and accurately into the management information system and/or on approved forms.
- Ensure product is labeled according to customer specifications and requirements and meets customer and company standards for quality.
- Develop and maintain positive employee relations and ensure open lines of communications with employees and supervisors/managers.
- Consistently perform all pre-determined required daily duties as outlined by the company, the Supervisor and the Plant Manager.
Requirements – Possess core skills consisting of:
- Willingness to do what is necessary to perform the job well.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Dedication to quality consciousness.
- Ability to communicate constructive concerns positively and effectively.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures.
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 75 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to read, understand and accurately write basic numbers.
- Ability to read and understand a ruler for regular measurements.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from multiple departments, managers, etc.
- (Hours are 8 p.m. to 6 a.m. with overtime – Will be trained on days then transferred to night shift)
MPI offers a competitive wage, health insurance, 401k, paid holidays & vacation.
E-mail your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org