Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Description: The Slitter Operator is responsible for the slitting/rewinding, inspection, and data collection of finished product being sent to Finished Goods, while consistently meeting company demands and specifications.
- Ensure daily activities are conducted at all times in a safe and proper manner.
- Working overtime as workload, personnel schedules, or Customer demands suggest.
- Assist in maintaining the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Assist in organizing and maintaining supply inventories related to the finishing department.
- Set up equipment, or review previous shifts set up, based on job specifications, to meet appropriate requirements of the finished label.
- Monitor and maintain a quality inventory of top and bottom knives and spacers. Notify the Supervisor as parts need repair/replacement.
- Perform quality checks prior to production and monitor print quality during production.
- Isolate, as required, product that does not meet Company and Customer standards.
- Provide quality Customer samples as required.
- Work in conjunction with assistants to ensure timely staging of work as well as efficient handling of finished rolls.
- Understand all related aspects of the management information system to ensure paperwork, records, documents, etc. are accurate and all required information is entered timely and accurately into the management information system and/or on approved forms.
- Work in conjunction with the Scheduling Coordinator to accurately track, enter, and verify daily jobs completed quantities.
- Ensure product is labeled according to Customer specifications and requirements and meets Customer and Company standards for quality.
- Work in conjunction with Scheduling Coordinator to schedule jobs to meet customer demands while maintaining efficiencies of production.
- Develop and maintain positive employee relations and ensure open lines of communications with employees and managers.
- Proactively suggest new and better methods to improve departments’ daily activities.
- Communicate daily with the Supervisor on matters of importance which could negatively impact quality, cost, safety, or employee morale.
- Communicate daily with the Scheduling Coordinator to ensure we are meeting delivery expectations of the Customer.
- Ability to effectively use and understand all material handling equipment.
- Ensure accurate verification, monitoring, and organization of daily finished goods from the Finishing Department and long-term Finished Goods Inventories, in conjunction with the Scheduling Department.
- Assist in the development of written procedures.
- Assist in preventive maintenance, as required, on a daily, weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Consistently perform all pre-determined required daily duties as outlined by the Company, the Supervisor, and the Plant Manager.
- Willingness to do what is necessary to perform the job well.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to deal judiciously and tactfully in human relations issues with colleagues.
- Ability to help employees succeed and constantly improve.
- Dedication to quality consciousness.
- Understands cause and effect processes and works with employees to eliminate the cause to obtain the desired effect.
- Ability to communicate constructive concerns in a positive and effective manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures.
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Ability to stand, move about, and use hands-on a frequent basis.
- Ability to read, understand, and accurately write basic numbers.
- Ability to read and understand a ruler for regular measurements.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from multiple departments, managers, Customers, and production personnel.
MPI offers a competitive wage, health insurance, 401k, paid holidays & vacation.
E-mail your resume and references to email@example.com