Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Job Description: The Warehouse Clerk participates in the daily operation of the shipping and receiving departments, as well as the handling of the raw materials and finished goods, while consistently meeting Company demands and specifications.
- Ensure daily activities are conducted at all times in a safe and proper manner.
- Maintain the warehouses and inventories in a clean and orderly condition.
- Adhere to company and departmental operating policies, rules, and regulations.
- Ensure paperwork, records, documents, etc. are accurate and all required information is entered timely and accurately into the management information system or filed accordingly.
- Ensure the correct materials are broken down safely and moved to the production department in a timely manner to meet production requirements.
- Ensure unused raw materials are removed from production with all required labeling and roll tags and placed in the appropriate inventory locations.
- Coordinate returnable and recyclable material storage, organization, and returns. Communicate with the Shipping Coordinator to schedule pick-ups as required.
- Understand the rejected raw material process and accurate handling of all rejected raw materials. Coordinate vendor returns using the appropriate records and documentation.
- Understand and utilize all necessary paperwork and reports for conducting daily receiving, raw material staging, and shipping activities.
- Coordinate the shipping of product, ensuring product is picked in accordance with company procedures, packaged according to customer and/or company specifications, and meets customer and company standards for quality.
- Maintain positive employee relations and ensure open lines of communication with supervisors and managers.
- Proactively seek new and better methods to improve daily activities and offer suggestions for process improvements.
- Communicate daily with the supervisor on matters of importance that could negatively impact quality, cost, safety, or employee morale.
- Communicate daily with the Shipping Coordinator to ensure we are meeting the expectations of the customer.
- Ability to effectively use and understand all material handling equipment. Ensure you are trained in the appropriate use of the equipment. Ensure preventive maintenance is performed as scheduled on the equipment.
- Accurate handling and organization of daily finished goods staged by the Inventory Clerk and the finished goods warehouse.
- Receive incoming materials, supplies, equipment, etc. in accordance with company procedures.
- Load and unload trailers safely and in accordance with company procedures.
- Participate in all required training sessions. Understand, and effectively communicate any lack of understanding of, all training requirements.
- Assist Supervisor or Plant Manager in the development of new procedures.
- Consistently perform all pre-determined required daily duties as outlined by the company.
Requirements – Possess core skills consisting of:
- Willingness to do what is necessary to perform the job well.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to deal judiciously and tactfully with human relations issues with colleagues.
- Ability to help employees succeed and constantly improve.
- Dedication to quality consciousness.
- Understands cause and effect processes and works with employees to eliminate the cause to obtain the desired effect.
- Ability to communicate constructive concerns in a positive and effective manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures. Ability to effectively write reports and procedures.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from multiple departments, managers, customers, and production personnel.
- Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (overtime is expected)
MPI offers a competitive wage, health insurance, 401k, paid holidays & vacation.
E-mail your resume and references to email@example.com