Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Description: The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for communicating and facilitating the daily production activities and results to the appropriate departments to ensure the Company consistently meets its goals of servicing the Customer while maintaining Company profitability.
- Collect and process daily production history from various plant departments and communicate the information to required departments.
- Understand the capabilities and/or limitations of each piece of equipment to allow for improved efficiency in scheduling the work while meeting the Customer’s needs.
- Communicate with the Plant Manager and/or Supervisors to establish the daily production schedule, to meet the Customer’s needs while maintaining the Company’s profitability.
- Maintain the production schedule, and update the production job tags, to accurately reflect real time requirements to meet the Customer’s needs while maintaining the Company’s profitability.
- Lead the daily scheduling meeting and coordinate efforts of each department within the meeting.
- Communicate, daily, all necessary information to the production floor in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Maintain organized file of job jackets and distribute to the production floor as required by the schedule.
- Coordinate and establish temporary workforce requirements, in conjunction with the Plant Managers and/or Supervisors, and schedule as required.
- Communicate priorities daily with the prepress department to ensure materials are supplied to meet the production schedule.
- In conjunction with the Plant Manager and Supervisors, coordinate and schedule equipment operators and equipment coverage, as well as any required overtime coverage.
- Provide daily written communication to the administrative departments outlining production history and planned production.
- Maintain a constant awareness of daily progress and communicate regularly and timely to the appropriate departments.
- Communicate the requirements of the shipping department, with the assistance of Account Services, the Warehouse Supervisor and the shipping clerks, to the Finishing Department to ensure the finishing schedule is meeting the needs of the Customer.
- Communicate daily with the Purchasing Coordinator to ensure items are being purchased and delivered to meet the production schedule.
Requirements – Possess core skills consisting of:
- Willingness to do what is necessary to perform the job well.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to deal judiciously and tactfully in human relations issues with colleagues.
- Ability to help employees succeed and constantly improve.
- Ability to communicate constructive concerns in a positive and effective manner.
- Maintains a basic understanding of the printing process with a willingness to constantly advance their personal knowledge of all related processes.
MPI offers a competitive wage, health insurance, 401k, paid holidays & vacation.
E-mail your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org