Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Description: The Quality Technician is responsible for monitoring an environment that supports the priority of an ultimate focus on producing an acceptable level of quality, at all times. The Quality Technician assists Quality in the implementation of quality procedures and processes and consistently monitors such to ensure constant, acceptable levels of quality within the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors product conformity to the goals and objectives of the company Quality Control Program.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are followed to maximize the resulting level of quality.
- Reviews work to ensure products meet the company’s quality goals. Understands all quality aspects of the job jacket and relationships to production and the finished product.
- Maintains Process Improvement Report (PIR) processes and logs as required, to ensure information is accurately recorded and actions are addressed in a timely manner.
- Actively communicates with Quality to ensure quality issues are consistently addressed with all personnel.
- Monitors quality tools put in place to ensure they are effectively evaluating and measuring the Company’s level of quality as well as the effectiveness of the Quality Control Program.
- Assists Quality in maintaining the color reference system to ensure the samples are acceptable to the process.
- Assist in educating and properly training all personnel in all existing quality practices as well as in the implementation of new practices.
- Interfaces, as directed, with Account Service and Sales, regarding defective products and maintains responsibility for ensuring the Company’s proactive response and resolution of the issue.
- Assists Quality as directed with obsolete plates and graphics, to ensure the accurate designation of the obsolete items.
- Interfaces, as directed by the Product and Technical Manager, with production regarding defective raw materials and maintains responsibility for timely resolution of the issue.
- Immediately notifies Quality, or Management, of a potential, blatant, violation of the company Quality Control Program.
- Assists in annual internal audits of the company Quality Control Program.
- Assists Quality in all externally mandated quality audits. Assists Quality in ensuring internal specifications, policies and procedures satisfy all on-going external requirements.
- Perform normal routine quality testing to ensure the product meets or exceeds internal quality specifications. Testing may include, but not limited to, curl, adhesive coat weight, bond strength, surface treatment, and roll mapping.
- Willingness to do what is necessary to perform the job well.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to deal judiciously and tactfully in human relations issues with colleagues.
- Ability to help employees succeed and constantly improve.
- Dedication to quality consciousness.
- Understands cause and effect processes and works with employees to eliminate the cause to obtain the desired effect.
- Ability to communicate constructive concerns positively and effectively.
- Maintains a basic understanding of the printing process with a willingness to constantly advance their personal knowledge of all related processes.
MPI offers a competitive wage, health insurance, 401k, paid holidays & vacation.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.