Location: Alliance, OH
Job Description: The Production Supervisor is responsible for day-to-day production within the production department. Supervises, motivates, and supports the staff daily, applying a team approach and maintaining open communication. The Production Supervisor performs essential functions to ensure overall customer satisfaction and quality service, and establishes and maintains effective communication with employees and clients. The Production Supervisor is responsible for the effective and efficient planning and scheduling of personnel and equipment to reduce bottlenecks and problems. As the Production Supervisor and the leader of the Production Team, you are accountable for meeting the department production and quality goals, and customer satisfaction goals.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Meet all customer commitments through the production of timely, efficient and high-quality products and service.
- Assure all work entered into production follows the order entry standards and procedures.
- Approve exceptional or extraordinary jobs and specifications.
- Update and maintain production schedule.
- Organize workflow according to workload to meet delivery schedule and to complete assigned jobs.
- Maintain production control records.
- Coordinate and maintain the standards and procedures for the company.
- Prepare, update, and communicate the production schedule.
- Oversee all staff scheduling, time off requests and overtime.
- Manage the coordination and control of all jobs/work orders.
- Monitor quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all orders to ensure customer commitments are met.
- Ensure employee safety training is conducted as required by Company Policy.
- Provide a positive, motivating example for employees.
- Conduct training or authorize training of production employees.
Equipment and Supplies
- Schedule, delegate, and ensure performance of all equipment maintenance following maintenance procedures. Maintain maintenance logs.
- Ensure that inventories are conducted per company policy and accurate records are maintained.
- Inform the General Supervisor of equipment and production problems.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure the maintenance and upkeep of the physical location.
- Ensure preventative maintenance of all production equipment.
Requirements – Possess core skills consisting of:
- High school diploma or GED with experience or vocational/technical certification.
- Knowledge of flexo printing and/or Digital printing operations
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience of 3 or more employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good general computer operation skills and basic knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Able to apply written instructions to machine set-up and maintenance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
MPI offers a competitive wage, health insurance, 401k, paid holidays & vacation.
E-mail your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org