Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Description: The Supervisor is responsible for shift operations of the production plant to ensure the Company consistently meets its’ goals of servicing the Customer and maintaining profitability.
- Prioritize, schedule and delegate work assignments and directly supervise the assigned production functions to ensure the production of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, while meeting the Company standards for quality and performance, and Customer specifications and delivery requirements.
- Monitor daily production goals and ensure optimal utilization of machine and labor assets to maximize employee skills and production efficiencies.
- Maintain the plant in a clean and orderly condition.
- Ensure all employees adhere to company policies and immediately and effectively address any personnel issues that arise and are not within the company polices and best practices.
- Assist in coordination and implementation of planned maintenance activities and perform minor repairs and/or adjustments to machinery as needed.
- Assist operators in effectively troubleshooting equipment or process problems, or unscheduled maintenance, and guide the result to a positive outcome.
- Review the production schedule daily, as well as the accuracy of information provided to your shift, and coordinate with all departments to maintain the production schedules.
- Provide positive reinforcement to the employees through constant communication.
- Review all processes and expectations with employees to develop and offer suggestions for process and production improvements.
- Develop and maintain positive employee relations and ensure open lines of communications with employees and managers.
- Communicate daily with the Plant Manager and other departments/managers to keep them informed of general conditions and on matters of importance which could negatively impact quality, cost, safety or employee morale.
- Ability to effective use and understand all equipment. Assist in production in the absence of personnel.
- Monitor production supply inventories to maintain the appropriate levels of supplies in each department.
- Assist in the effective training of employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the Company’s standards for quality, quantity and safety and consistent with the Company’s principles. Review daily, training activities with new employees for the first 30 days of employment and structure future sessions based on the results to date. Conduct 30/60/90 day reviews for all new employees.
- Ensure the proper training of new and present employees in the completion of all required records, paperwork, documents, etc.
- Maintain a visible presence on the production floor for 90% of your shift hours.
- Constantly monitor and expect a level of quality in line with the Company goals. Review all quality defects with employees and assist in developing corrective actions or recommendations to prevent reoccurrences of the defect.
- Assist in developing and implementing performance standard programs and ensure employees’ understanding and compliance with the performance standard program through establishment of accountability for work.
- Proactively seek new and better methods to improve employees’ daily activities.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring recommendations and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems; instituting disciplinary action for company rule/policy violations up to and including suspensions; and recommendation of termination of employees.
- Assist in development of written procedures. Establish and implement written procedures in all production departments.
- Coordinate a seamless transition from shift to shift, Supervisor to Supervisor.
- Consistently perform all pre-determined required daily duties as outlined by the Company.
- Ensure all safety, work rules, regulations and housekeeping standards are followed to monitor the overall effectiveness of Prerequisite and Product Safety Programs.
Requirements – Possess core skills consisting of:
- Willingness to do what is necessary to perform the job well.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to deal judiciously and tactfully in human relations issues with colleagues.
- Ability to help employees succeed and constantly improve.
- Dedication to quality consciousness.
- Understands cause and effect processes and works with employees to eliminate the cause to obtain the desired effect.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve equipment and printing related issues.
- Ability to communicate constructive concerns in a positive and effective manner.
- Maintains an in depth understanding of the printing process with a willingness to constantly advance their personal knowledge of all related processes.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively write reports and procedures.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from multiple departments, managers, Customers and production personnel.
- 3rd shift
MPI offers a competitive wage, health insurance, 401k, paid holidays & vacation.
E-mail your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org