Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Description: The Prepress Supervisor is responsible for the management of the digital prepress, plate making, and plate mounting department to quickly, efficiently, and economically create and process successful workflows that ensure the company consistently meets its’ goals of servicing the company, and the customer, while maintaining profitability
- Assist in prioritizing, scheduling, and delegating work assignments, and directly supervise the assigned production functions to ensure the production of the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost, while monitoring and meeting company standards for quality and performance, and customer specifications and delivery requirements.
- Develop and maintain positive employee relations and ensure open lines of communication with employees and managers.
- Assist in developing and implementing performance standard programs and ensure employees’ understanding and compliance with the performance standard program through establishment of accountability for work.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of all electronic and digital prepress, plate making, and plate mounting equipment. Arrange for repair of malfunctioning equipment as necessary, in conjunction with the Maintenance Supervisor and Account Service Manager.
- Responsible for the purchase and monitoring of all digital prepress, plate making, and plate mounting supplies and consumables as well as the monthly reporting of inventories.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, recommend hiring of, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Demonstrates flexibility and composure to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules.
- Communicate daily with the Account Service Manager, Scheduling Coordinator, Plant Supervisors, Plant Manager, Controller, Product and Technical Manager, and/or General Manager on general conditions and matters of importance that could impact quality, cost, safety, or employee morale.
- Attend and actively participate in all assigned meetings and committees, including, but not limited to, the daily production meeting and artwork reviews.
- Ensure the proper training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the Company’s standards for quality, quantity, and safety and consistent with the company’s principles.
- Ensure the proper training of new and present employees in the completion of all required records, paperwork, documents, etc.
- Coordinate the daily prepress schedule with production, account service, and scheduling departments to consistently meet the needs of the Customer and the Company.
- Assist the Controller in the development of yearly departmental budgets.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of software and equipment requirements and continue to work in conjunction with suppliers and prepress equipment manufacturers to recommend successful upgrades and changes to existing software and equipment.
- Ensure all safety, work rules, regulations, and housekeeping standards are followed.
Requirements – Possess core skills consisting of:
- Willingness to do what is necessary to perform the job well.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to deal judiciously and tactfully in human relations issues with colleagues.
- Ability to help employees succeed and constantly improve.
- Dedication to quality consciousness.
- Understands cause and effect processes and works with employees to eliminate the cause to obtain the desired effect.
- Ability to communicate constructive concerns positively and effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively write reports and procedures.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from multiple departments, managers, customers, and production personnel.
- Possess the technical capabilities required of the various software and hardware within the department.
- 3rd Shift
MPI offers a competitive wage, health insurance, 401k, paid holidays & vacation.
E-mail your resume and references to email@example.com