Location: Charlotte, NC
Job Description: As a Prepress Production Artist at MPI Labels, you will be responsible for preflighting, proofing, and preparing final press-ready files based on supplied customer artwork in a flexographic printing environment. You will be responsible for communicating with the prepress team, account service, and outside designers to ensure the final output meets our customers’ expectations. The successful candidate will possess strong attention to detail, Macintosh computer experience, proficiency with Adobe Illustrator, and strong communication skills.
- Preflight, proof, and prepare final press-ready files, according to established guidelines.
- Learn and remain proficient using various prepress software and tools.
- Perform quality checks on artwork, proofs, and plate files according to established standards.
- Participate in troubleshooting and problem solving for ongoing improvement.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as directed by management.
Requirements – Possess core skills consisting of:
- Graphic Design background with Pantone Color experience
- Experience using Macintosh computers, Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency using Adobe Illustrator and tools.
- Ability to read, write, and understand instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Strong communication skills, well organized, with attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously in a fast-paced prepress environment.
- Vision abilities required for this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and the ability to distinguish color variations.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Graphic Design, or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency using Adobe Illustrator and built-in tools.
- Experience with Esko products or flexographic printing is a plus, but not required.
- MPI Labels will train the right candidate for success.
MPI offers a competitive wage, health insurance, 401k, paid holidays & vacation.
E-mail your resume and references to NCHR@mpilabels.com