Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Description: The Plate Mounter is responsible for the daily operation of the Plate Department and coordination of plates with the press room. Ensures the company consistently meets its’ goals of servicing the customer and maintaining profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain positive employee relations and ensure open lines of communications with employees and managers.
- Responsible for the handling of cylinders and sleeves and monitoring of all sticky back material and consumables and monthly reporting of inventories.
- Demonstrates flexibility and composure to adjust to rapidly changing requirements and schedules.
- Communicate daily with the Prepress Supervisor on general conditions and matters of importance which could impact quality, cost, and safety or employee morale.
- Review and coordinate the daily plate schedule with the prepress and scheduling departments to consistently meet the needs of the Customer and the Company.
- Mount multiple orders as efficiently as possible, minimizing down time in the various presses.
- Prioritize emergency/rush orders, while minimizing disruption to the schedule and communicating with the prepress, production and scheduling departments.
- Monitor quality standards of each finished plate, ensuring plate defects, copy, position and other specifications are within published standards or match Customer approved proof and job ticket.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of applicable software and equipment requirements.
- Ensure all safety, work rules, regulations and housekeeping standards are followed.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation, troubleshooting and scheduled maintenance of all plate mounting equipment.
- Communicate and/or recommend repairs of malfunctioning equipment as necessary, to the Prepress Supervisor or Production Supervisor on hand
- Willingness to do what is necessary to perform the job well.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to deal judiciously and tactfully in human relations issues with colleagues.
- Ability to help employees succeed and constantly improve.
- Dedication to quality consciousness.
- Understands cause and effect processes and works with employees to eliminate the cause to obtain the desired effect.
- Ability to communicate constructive concerns in a positive and effective manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively write reports and procedures.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from multiple departments, managers, Customers and production personnel.
MPI offers a competitive wage, health insurance, 401k, paid holidays & vacation.
E-mail your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org