Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Description: You will be responsible for producing photopolymer printing plates in a flexographic printing environment. This involves layout of plate files, exposure, imaging, processing, drying, and finishing to produce the required print plates for your shift. Additionally, you will perform quality plate checks and other duties necessary to support the Prepress department and plate making team.
- Operate flexographic based plate making equipment, including exposure unit, digital imager, solvent processor, dryer, and finishing unit.
- Cut, trim, and perform quality checks on finished print plates
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on equipment according to company guidelines
- Monitor and report raw material usage and inventory levels
- Participate in problem solving and provide feedback for ongoing improvement
- Assist with additional duties and responsibilities, as directed by management
Requirements – Possess core skills consisting of:
- Ability to read, write, and understand instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, and multiplication
- Basic computer and mechanical skills
- Strong communication skills, well organized, with attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously or with a team as necessary
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Physical abilities required for the job include standing for long periods, frequent walking, bending, crouching, and using hands to handle, grasp, and feel with good hand eye coordination
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. (20 lbs. repetitively)
- Vision abilities required for the job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and the ability to distinguish color variations
- 2nd or 3rd Shift (Monday through Friday 8 hour shift)
MPI Labels will train the right candidate for success. No experience in flexographic plate making is required.
MPI offers a competitive wage, health insurance, 401k, paid holidays & vacation.
E-mail your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org