Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Description: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for participating, and at times leading, the repair, maintenance and installation of machinery, equipment, buildings and facilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Install, repair, rebuild and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment used in production and related services, maximizing production time and minimizing down time.
- Participate in a regularly scheduled preventive maintenance program.
- Participate in a scheduled, rotating, emergency on-call program and respond as required to meet the needs the designated emergency.
- Communicate daily with Maintenance Supervisor and production personnel to review equipment performance.
- Perform root cause analysis, as needed, to increase serviceability and reliability of equipment to increase performance.
- Develop and maintain positive employee relations and ensure open lines of communications with employees.
- Minimize project labor, material and part expenses while allowing a successful outcome.
- Act as a technical resource to equipment operators and participate materially in equipment troubleshooting. Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties.
- Order parts and supplies as needed. Request adequate tooling, hardware and supplies necessary to perform work.
- Evaluate assigned projects, understand the requested task, determine the ultimate goal and set the project up for a successful outcome in allotted time constraints.
- Anticipate possible concerns, questions and/or outcomes of each possible step as it relates to the equipment and/or the employees.
- Complete assigned projects as scheduled and within budget.
- Ensure successful testing of equipment to ensure proper operation after repairs.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
- Communicate daily with Maintenance Supervisor on general plant conditions and matters of importance which could impact quality, cost and/or safety.
- Ensure all safety, work rules, regulations and housekeeping standards are followed.
- Willingness to do what is necessary to perform the job well.
- Excels at diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment malfunctions to allow focus of efforts to applicable problem in a timely fashion.
- Possesses the ingenuity to plan, layout and perform all tasks necessary to return equipment to working condition.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Dedication to quality of work performed.
- Ability to communicate constructive concerns in a positive and effective manner.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures. Ability to effectively write reports and procedures.
- Excellent mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic related abilities with experiences related to manufacturing equipment and processes
MPI offers a competitive wage, health insurance, 401k, paid holidays & vacation.
E-mail your resume and references to email@example.com