Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Description: The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the repair, maintenance, and installation of machinery, equipment, buildings, and facilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Install, repair, rebuild and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment used in production and related services, maximizing production time, and minimizing downtime.
- Assist in developing and training of personnel in an organized preventive maintenance program.
- Participate in a scheduled, rotating, emergency on-call program and respond as required to meet the needs of the designated emergency.
- Assist in prioritizing, scheduling, and delegating work assignments of assigned personnel to ensure quality work is performed at the lowest possible cost, while monitoring and meeting company standards for quality and performance.
- Communicate daily with the Plant Manager, Supervisors, and production personnel to review equipment performance.
- Perform root cause analysis, as needed, to increase serviceability and reliability of equipment to increase performance.
- Develop and maintain positive employee relations and ensure open lines of communications with employees.
- Control labor, material, and part expenses within budgetary constraints.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and recommendation of termination of employees.
- Act as a technical resource to all departments and participate materially in equipment purchases and equipment troubleshooting. Diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties.
- Order parts and supplies as needed. Request adequate tooling, hardware and supplies necessary to perform work.
- Assist to determine the nature and scope of forthcoming related projects and the requirements for completion. Complete assigned projects as scheduled.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology and changes in the industry.
- Communicate daily with Plant Manager and Supervisors on general plant conditions and matters of importance, which could impact quality, cost, and safety or employee morale.
- Attend and actively participate in all assigned meetings and committees, including, but not limited to, the managers coordination meeting, service, and/or vendor visits, and the safety committee. Communicate with General Manager as situations dictate.
- Ensure the proper training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the company’s standards for quality, quantity and safety and consistent with the company’s principles.
- Ensure the proper training of new and present employees in the completion of all required records, paperwork, documents, etc.
- Assist in developing and implementing performance standard programs and ensure employees’ understanding and compliance with the performance standard program through establishment of accountability for work.
- Proactively seek new and better methods to improve employees’ daily activities.
- Assist in the development of yearly production budget.
- Ensure all safety, work rules, regulations, and housekeeping standards are followed.
Requirements – Possess core skills consisting of:
- Willingness to do what is necessary to perform the job well.
- Excels at diagnosing equipment malfunctions and possesses the ingenuity to plan, layout, and perform all tasks necessary to return equipment to working condition.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Dedication to quality of work performed.
- Ability to communicate constructive concerns positively and effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures. Ability to effectively write reports and procedures.
- Excellent mechanical and electrical/electronic related abilities with experiences related to manufacturing equipment and processes.
MPI offers a competitive wage, health insurance, 401k, paid holidays & vacation.
E-mail your resume and references to email@example.com