Location: University Park, IL
Job Description: The operation of a Mark Andy (or similar) Flexographic printing press. The operator will possess a combination of knowledge, skill, and abilities to carry out work activities related to the operation of the flexographic printing press.
- Flexo Press Operator is responsible for setting up and operating the printing press to produce labels and related products.
- Able to operate presses utilizing flexo press technologies with high attention to detail.
- Provides technical and problem-solving expertise to other operators who encounter problems.
- Cross-train to learn and become proficient utilizing press technology which they are not proficient on.
- Assists in orientation of new employees to company procedures, practices, safety, and housekeeping rules.
- Reads job order and loads dies into the press, installs print cylinder on the shaft, and installs print cylinder in a press.
- Fills ink pans, screens, and pumps with prescribed inks.
- Starts press, adjusting speed and alignment of stock to the print cylinder as necessary.
- Engages print cylinders; adjusts printing impression as necessary, places print cylinders lead-to-lead, and runs down approval strip.
- Cuts sample of approval strip from printed roll inspects for imperfections such as print to print out of register, print to die out of register, missing impression, ink starvation or color adjustments, making adjustments as necessary
- Cleans plates, print cylinders, and dies as needed, performs daily, weekly and monthly maintenance as required.
- Mixes inks to produce and maintain desired colors and viscosity
- Flexographic printing press experience
- Experience operating a Mark Andy / RotoPress / Nilpeter Flexo press.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to read and interpret rulers, scales, and other measurement devices.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and frequently is required to walk.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with or without mechanical assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Flexible Hours (TBD)
MPI offers a competitive wage, opportunity for advancement, health insurance, 401k, paid holidays & vacation.
E-mail your resume and references to email@example.com