Location: Baltimore, MD
Job Description: Assistant Account Service works closely with Account Service to support their daily activities and management of the customer accounts, at a level of quality where the Company consistently meets its’ goals of servicing the Customer, in a timely manner, in accordance with Company policies and procedures while maintaining profitability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Anticipates and acts on change productively, efficiently and proactively.
- Communicate daily, in and accurate and timely manner, with scheduling, purchasing, prepress and production personnel to review scheduled activities and productivity.
- Develop and maintain positive employee relations and ensure open lines of communications with employees and other departments.
- Distribution of invoices for review to Account Service and follow up to ensure timely review and return of the invoice to accounting.
- In a secondary role, potentially act as a resource and liaison to Customers to address and resolve inquiries, problems and complaints.
- Process prepress purchase requisitions and ensure timely completion of the prep process.
- Assist Account Service to ensure accuracy of proofs and the preparation of the proof tickets and proof packages being delivered to the Customer.
- Process repeat, cycle and new orders, as directed by Account Service, accurately and within the standard time lines (24-48 hours).
- In conjunction with Account Service, process Customer orders and shipping releases accurately and in a timely manner and communicate any potential issues to Account Service.
- Monitor job progress through the production cycle, and constantly communicate the status to Account Service.
- In conjunction with shipping and scheduling, monitor shipping status reports to ensure Customer receives product within the requested time frame.
- If applicable, and in conjunction with Account Service, monitor customer inventories to acceptable levels and appropriate time frames (less than ninety days), ensuring shipment of product on a FIFO basis.
- Assist Account Service in the customer sample collection and distribution.
- In conjunction with Account Service, generate reports to monitor historical account activity and necessary reporting requirements of the Customer.
- Proactively seek new and better methods to improve daily activities.
- Start to develop strong and positive relationships with Customers, in the absence of Account Service.
- Monitor customer communications, in the absence of Account Service, and communicate any critical or important issues to production, the Account Service Manager or the Plant Manager.
- Attend and actively participate in all assigned meetings, including, but not limited to, the daily production meeting, monthly major Customer reviews and artwork reviews.
- Perform duties in a safe manner in accordance with all work rules, regulations and housekeeping standards.
- Willingness to do what is necessary to perform the job well.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to deal judiciously and tactfully in human relations issues with colleagues.
- Dedication to quality consciousness.
- Understands cause and effect processes and works with fellow employees to eliminate the cause to obtain the desired effect.
- Willingness to develop an in depth understanding of the printing process and to constantly advance their personal knowledge of all related processes.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures. Ability to effectively write reports and procedures.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from multiple departments, managers, Customers and production personnel.
MPI offers a competitive wage, health insurance, 401k, paid holidays & vacation.
E-mail your resume and references to email@example.com